My pick out of ultimate week’s new are the articles on converting the DRO standards.
Tweet of the week
“To recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less.” – Oscar Wilde –
— 🅼🅰🆁🅸🅰 🅼. (@mariabowiemuser) February 13, 2021
FCA finds the Covid-19 pandemic leaves over a quarter of UK adults with low financial resilience FCA: Over the process 2020, the collection of UK adults with low monetary resilience larger from 10.7 million to 14.2 million.
Payment holidays: one-third of consumers not aware that interest would still be applied Resolver: simply over one 3rd that had taken a cost vacation (38%) informed us that they felt they didn’t have all their choices defined to them on how one can continue as soon as the cost vacation had ended – together with decreased bills or selection plans.
Guidance on monitoring insolvency practitioners: Advertisements, marketing and debt advice Insolvency Service: It’s excellent news – whether it is enforced…
Responses across the Insolvency Service’s DRO session on new DRO standards:
- Simplify the solution CAP: Debt reduction should be efficient, out there and reasonably priced.
- Proposed DRO adjustments – a excellent get started! my article.
- Have your say! Consultation on personal debt Jubilee Debt Campaign
The single parent debt trap Gingerbread & StepChange: 49% of unmarried folks reported taking up extra debt for the reason that get started of the pandemic.
High-cost lenders exploiting NHS workers Debt Hacker: The information signifies that many NHS employees are suffering to pay again unaffordable loans which they’ll were mis-offered.
The parking baron who’ll never let you off a ticket Times (paywall): A former bricklayer’s campaign to ‘educate’ dangerous drivers places him on a collision route with campaigners.
- What are the loopholes in the government’s eviction ban? Independent: The executive seems to have damaged its promise that nobody could be made homeless on account of the pandemic.
- Ban on bailiff-enforced evictions in England extended to end of March Guardian: The National Residential Landlords Association … mentioned 800,000 non-public renters have constructed up arrears for the reason that ban got here into drive, which they’d battle to ever repay.
Benefits & different news
Cold Weather Payment DWP: input your postcode and notice if it’s been chilly sufficient on your space. It additionally has a hyperlink to the ease laws.
O2 fined £10m for overcharging customers BBC: For 8 years, some shoppers who have been leaving the community have been double-charged some charges on their ultimate expenses, Ofcom mentioned.
Family who were left penniless by Universal Credit error told to ‘try foodbank instead’ Mirror: Matt Smith and his 4 kids have been informed to talk over with their native foodbank after falling sufferer to a Universal Credit bills flaw that the DWP vowed to mend months in the past.