In a 4 day week, the creation of the Breathing Space ruled the news.
- People in problem debt get 60-day break scheme BBC: The Treasury has estimated that as much as 700,000 other folks might be helped via the scheme in its first yr.
- Britons struggling with debt can now push the pause button for 60 days as charities give new Government respite scheme cautious welcome Mail: community lenders and charities … stated questions remained about how it could perform.
- Breathing Space — will it deliver for people in problem debt? CAP: One key factor to observe will likely be how briefly and fully collectors forestall collections process and notify brokers, who’re performing on their behalf, to do the similar.
- Here’s to breathing space… and beyond StepChange: The central respiring house concept, that individuals desire a duration of balance and coverage to get better, does no longer forestall being true on day 61.
- Today’s Breathing Space launch is a major milestone in the mission to provide safe routes out of debt Money Advice Trust: no scheme is easiest, however because it stands the creation of Breathing Space represents an important growth upon what existed sooner than.
- The Right to Breathing Space QuidsIn Pro: “Why can’t we support people with debt and prevent them having to be referred to a mental health crisis team?”
- The debt “Breathing Space” – may it mean you can? my article
- Rent arrears put thousands at risk as end of eviction ban in England looms Guardian: MPs and charities worry a wave of homelessness when landlords can as soon as once more legally drive out tenants in debt.
- 400,000 private tenants in danger of rent arrears LSE: round ten in step with cent of personal tenants are considered unemployed – that is double the typical unemployment fee – and 6 to seven in step with cent of them seem to be in arrears. This is round two times the percentage of a ‘normal’ yr.
ASA Ruling on Money Advisor Ltd t/a Money Advisor ASA: deceptive promoting and deceptive use of Money Advice Service brand as company used to be no longer FCA accredited.
Amex to cut cashback rates on best buy credit cards from August MSE: My remark – the long run development in opposition to decrease cashback continues.
Benefits & different news
“How do I make something out of nothing?”: Universal Credit, precarity & mental health Covid Realities file: the psychological well being demanding situations confronted via UC claimants: anxiousness led to via look forward to bills, uncertainty in regards to the £20 uplift & cost ranges which are nonetheless too low.
News spherical-ups are revealed each and every Sunday.
You can subscribe to this weblog to be notified when new articles are revealed, see beneath.