My select of closing week’s news is, like closing week, Buy Now Pay Later news, this time with LayBuy making improvements to its in-retailer providing over Klarna’s.
Laybuy launches digital card for in store ‘buy now, pay later’ shopping Which? the usage of BNPL in retailer may well be about to change into extra not unusual because of Tap to Pay with Laybuy.
Discretionary council tax reduction — How to guide Citizens Advice For advisers – we take a look at how you’ll lend a hand your consumer to make an utility for discretionary council tax aid beneath s13A of the Local Government Finance Act (LGFA).
Amigo – what is occurring with “Scheme 2.0”? my article, other people with present loans are nonetheless topic to competitive force to pay regardless of their proceedings no longer being thought to be.
Prices for new cars rising five times as fast as wages Times (paywall): More than 9 in ten automobiles are actually bought the usage of finance, regardless of considerations over the machine.
Martin Lewis: Why you shouldn’t worry too much about your credit score – it’s not actually a real thing MSE: a excellent article although it’s an ad for MSE’s Credit Club, which in flip makes its cash by means of getting other people to take out credit score.
Debt recovery firm targets Nottingham expansion Insider media: Just basically operates on the enforcement finish of the debt marketplace – easiest recognized for introducing “virtual enforcement”, few experiences of this in observe but.
Benefits & different news
- What would a post-COVID-19 social security system look like, and how might it be built? LSE: One drawback of the present second is the place to start when the present machine is patently insufficient, counterproductive to its mentioned goals, continuously brutal in supply and damaging in its results.
- ‘I never dreamed I was entitled to benefits’ BBC: AgeUK stated that 920,000 pensioner families have been lacking out on Pension Credit bills/.. on reasonable, they may get £32 every week, or greater than £1,600 a 12 months.
- Collapsed ceilings, mice and mould: Appalling conditions uncovered across an entire housing estate of nearly 500 homes ITV: Clarion, the United Kingdom’s greatest housing affiliation has admitted it has failed tenants.
- ‘I earn £40k but my landlord still made my mum be a guarantor’ Times (paywall): The self-hired are discovering it virtually not possible to seek out tenancies as a result of fears over abnormal earning.
- Three missing documents that mean you cannot be served a Section 21 eviction notice Mirror: As many as 3 quarters of tenants can have coverage from no-fault evictions as a result of they weren’t passed the correct forms in the beginning in their tenancy.
Cashless society draws closer with only one in six payments now in cash Guardian: UK Finance learn about information a 35% drop in money transactions in 2020 as Covid disaster turbo-fees exchange in spending conduct.
News spherical-ups are revealed each and every Sunday.
You can subscribe to Debt CAmel and be notified when new articles are revealed, see underneath.